Chinese EggPlant Curry
Fried EggPlant Dumped in sweet sour sour. This is a delicious side dish which can be had with chinese noodles, rice or indian breads or can even be eaten alone as a appatiser
- For the dumplings:
- 1. 2 big egg plants sliced round or semi circle(if very big). The slices should be of medium thickness.
- 2. 2 tbsp cornn flour.
- 3. i tbsp rice flour(optional)
- 3.1/2 tsp baking powder
- 4.salt to taste
- 5.1 tsp tomato sauce
- 6.1/2 tsp vinegar
- 7.water as required
- 8.oil for frying
- For the sauce:
- 1. 1 tbsp ginger garlic chilly paste
- 2. 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 3. 1 tsp white/red vinegar
- 4. 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 5.1 tbsp oil
- 6.water as required
- 7. 1/2 tbsp corn flour
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
For Making Dumplings.
1.Mix all the ingredients for dumplings. add water till the dip is of medium consistency.
2. dip the egg plant slices till it is well coated with the dip.
3. fru the ciated pieces till yellowish brown
4. Keep aside on an kitchen tissue to absorb excess oil
For the sauce:
1. Take oil in a pan.
2. Add ginger garlic paste.
3. after cooking for some time add water. add upto 2 glass of water if you need gravy, otherwise if making a dry dish as appatizer, 1/2 glass of water should be fine.
4. when the water comes to boil add all teh sauces and vinegar.
5. add salt to taste.
6. mix corn flour with cold water about 2 tbsp seperately, and add to the cooking sauce when the water is boiling.
7. when the gravy thickens add dumplings.
May add 1 tsp sugar if you like sweet sour taste.
May add ajinomotton for that chinese taste(ajinomotto is not good for health). Cotrol water in the gravy as per your requirement
You'll also love
- Vegan Spicy Shrimp 3.7/5 (22 Votes)
- white bean 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Seedai (sweet and savory) 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Roasted Red Pepper Garlic Fries 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Minestrone Surprise 4.2/5 (20 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Garlic and Brown Sugar... 3.5/5 (74 Votes)
- Egg omelette curry 3.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Onion Curry (negative calorie) 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!