Italian recipe made from leftover food brought down from my great grandmother.
- Leftovers- mostly any type of meat.
- Evaporated milk - 1-2 cans
- Flour (use as needed)
- milk if needed.
- Oil for frying
- Eggs - 6 (depends on how much leftovers)
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
I usually freeze my leftover meat. So need to thaw. Then put leftovers in a meat grinder and grind. Add eggs, evaporated milk and some flour until you can make a patty. Roll in flour. Put aside till all are done. Then heat oil in frying pan. Fry patties till golden brown.
Need a meat grinder. Great with BBQ sauce. Also good for a breakfast item.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These tasty stuffed cabbage rolls are so easy!
- 1 onion
- 5 - 6 thick rashers bacon
- 1/2 lb sausage meat
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1 cabbage head
- Fry the bacon in a skillet, then add onion, and meat.
- Add tomato paste, bell peppers, garlic and salt, and simmer till cooked through
- Boil 1 whole cabbage head in salted water till tender
- Spoon mixture into individual cabbage leaves, and fold carefully to form little rolls
- Serve with any remaining mixture