Dannielle's Twice Baked Potatoes
These potatoes go along side almost any main meat dish. My family loves them!
- 3 Large Baking Potatoes
- 1 sm container chive flavored cream cheese
- 1 cup plus 1/4 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- Salt & Pepper
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Average budget
Bake off the potatoes until a fork can go thru them easily. Usually about 45 minutes to an hour in the oven or about 30 minutes using the microwave. Once the potatoes have baked you will cut them in half and scoop out the inside leaving a shell.
In a mixing bowl, mix together the potato, the milk, the flavored cream cheese. salt, pepper and the butter until it looks like mashed potatoes. Then carefully mix in the one cup of cheddar cheese.
Spoon the potato/cheese mixture into the potato boats until full. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of cheese over the tops of the filled potatoes. Bake in a preheated oven at 350* for about 35 minutes or so, just until the cheese on top is melted, depending on your oven.
I like to use a medium to sharp cheddar cheese with this recipe but you can use whatever cheddar you like. Each potato makes 2 halves or 2 servings, unless you are my family....lol...then it's one whole potato per person!
You'll also love
- Stuffed Eggplant 3.9/5 (440 Votes)
- Lemon Meringue Tartlets 4.9/5 (229 Votes)
- Hungarian Zucchini Squash with... 4.6/5 (168 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Savoyarde Crozet Pasta Bake 4.5/5 (128 Votes)
- Easy Bean and Pepper Chili 4.1/5 (106 Votes)
- Tortilla Pie 4.2/5 (97 Votes)
- Sole Medallion with foie gras 4.6/5 (77 Votes)
- Eggplant with sundried tomatoes 3.4/5 (168 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Let your artistic side out with these easy Pollock-inspired smashed potatoes!
- Boil the desired amount of small potatoes until tender.
- Spread on a lined baking tray, flatten slightly using a cup or jar. Don't over-flatten them!
- Sprinkle liberally with shredded cheese and Parmesan.
- Top with bacon slices approximately the same size as the potatoes.
- Drizzle liberally with balsamic vinegar.
- Place in oven, under the grill for 15 min at 375°F until the cheese is melted and the bacon is crispy.