Potatoes au gratin surprise
- 8 Large potatoes per person
- 16 oz of bacon for 4 potatoes
- 2 small cans of cream
- Pieces or grated Gruyere
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Halve the potatoes lengthwise. During this temperature, preheat oven to 420 °.
Put the bacon in a pan to cook without fat.
Put the potatoes in the oven, cut side down against the pan. Monitor the bacon. Once the bacon cooked, set aside.
After 45 minutes, remove the potatoes from the oven. Dig out the flesh with a spoon and fill them with bacon. Keep the flesh for the presentation.
Once the potato filled with bacon, pour the cream over it, do not overfill. Top with cheese
Tip: replace the flesh of the potato in the oven
After 15 minutes, remove the potatoes in the oven and serve very hot.
Accompaniment and presentation ideas: Use the left over potato flesh for a light lunch. Top with bacon then serve with a green salad.
You'll also love
- Potatoes Eggs and Cheese 4.2/5 (116 Votes)
- Scalloped Potatoes 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
- Potato Skins 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Simple Potato Soup with Bacon 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Loaded Mashed Potatoes 4.2/5 (10 Votes)
- Mussels au Gratin with Mustard 3.9/5 (21 Votes)
- Chicken Mash 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Potatoes Stuffed with Cheese 3.5/5 (83 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!