The best batter for fritters ideas - 5 recipes
If you like this, you'll definitely like: batter
Chef Tips and Tricks
Check out our delicious spin on the classic Brazilian cake, with Fererro Rochers and Kit-Kat!
For the batter:
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil
- 1 cup of of natural yogurt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
For the frosting:
- 2 cups chocolate chunks
- 3 cans of condensed milk
- 2 and 1/2 cups thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- In a pan, melt together the condensed milk, the chocolates in pieces and the butter. Slowly fold in the thickened cream. Mix, without stopping, until it is smooth and thick.
- Transfer to the refrigerator and allow to cool for 1 hour.
- In a bowl, mix together the eggs and sugar. Add the oil and mix again.
- In another bowl mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and the bicarbonate soda. Pour in the egg mixture, mix together, then add the yogurt.
Grease and sprinkle cocoa powder inside two springform pans. Divide the batter mixture between them, then bake at 360°F for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove the cakes from the oven, and allow to cool.
- Spread some of the frosting between the layers of the cake, and generously spread around the outside.
- Decorate the cake with Kit Kats, extra frosting and Fererro Rochers, in your style!
For more food buzz and delightful recipes, follow us on Facebook!
Top rated Batter for fritters recipes
Baked H/D Pumpkin Fritters
Hill's Science Diet wet food mixed with pureed pumpkin
- Hill's Science Diet H/D,Pureed Pumpkin
10 out-of-the-box pizza ideas that are better than delivery
Fold, roll and twist your way to CHEESIER pastures with these 10 original pizza ideas!
Easy Zucchini Fritters
By Bourbon Barrel Foods, Bourbon Barrel Foods
Preheat oven to 200 degrees
- 1 pound (about 2 medium) zucchini
- 1 tsp Bourbon Smoked Salt
- 2 scallions, split lengthwise and sliced thin
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Bourbon Smoked Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Bourbon Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Olive or another oil of your choice, for frying
- To serve (optional)
- 1 cup sour cream or plain, full-fat yogurt
- 1 to 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- Pinches of Bourbon Smoked Salt
- 1 small minced or crushed clove of garlic
- Click this link to explore all of Bourbon Barrel Food's exciting products: Bourbon Barrel Foods
Nutella MANIA: Make the most of your jar with these 25 recipes
By Pascale Weeks
Put the spoon down, and step away from the Nutella jar. You can do so much more with it than that. Here are 25 ideas to inspire you!
Banana Fritters with Creole Sauce
By Cathy Naveaux
Peel bananas and cut them in half lengthwise
- 8 bananas
- For the batter:
- 2 eggs
- scant 1/2 cup milk
- 2 1/2 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 tbsp yeast
- 1 1/3 tbsp oil
- scant 1/2 cup beer
- For the Creole sauce:
- 4 bananas
- 2 lemons
- 2 cups cream
- 3 1/3 cup granulated sugar
In a bowl, combine 1 cup of all purpose flour, 3/4 cup of rolled oats, 2 teaspoons of baking powder, 2 teaspoons of...
- All purpose flour, rolled oats, fresh orange, canola oil, milk, baking powder, cinnamon, peanut butter, water, plain yogurt
Never wreck another cake again: 25 ingredient swaps you can make in a bind
Need to satisfy your chocolate cake fetish but missing a key ingredient? Don't panic! These 25 baking swaps are here to save the day!
Mini Apple Fritters
Mix all dry ingredients together, slowly add the wet ingredients minus the apple
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- dash salt
- 1 – 2 tsp. cinnamon (depending on how much you love cinnamon)
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 Tbsp butter melted
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups chopped apple, peanut sized or smaller
- oil for frying
- milk and powdered sugar glaze for dipping or just powdered sugar for dusting