The best batter for fritters ideas - 5 recipes
If you like this, you'll definitely like: batter
Chef Tips and Tricks
All you need is 3 main ingredients to make this Chocolate Strawberry Braid for dessert tonight!
- 7-9 medium-sized strawberries
- 1 puff pastry
- 1 chocolate bar
- 1 egg yolk
- Almond slivers
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the strawberries into halves.
- Dust some flour on a flat surface and spread your puff pastry out on top, smoothing it into a rectangle shape if necessary.
- Place the bar of chocolate in the center, then top with a layer of strawberry halves.
- Using a pizza cutter or a knife, slice the edges of the puff pastry into strips that can be wrapped over the chocolate and strawberries. Starting with the flap at the top, fold over each strip in a slightly diagonal direction so that they resemble a braid.
- Brush the braid with a beaten egg yolk so that it covers the entire visible surface.
- Sprinkle almond slivers on top.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Give the braid a few minutes to cool down, then cover with a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated Batter for fritters recipes
Mini Apple Fritters
Mix all dry ingredients together, slowly add the wet ingredients minus the apple
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- dash salt
- 1 – 2 tsp. cinnamon (depending on how much you love cinnamon)
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 Tbsp butter melted
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups chopped apple, peanut sized or smaller
- oil for frying
- milk and powdered sugar glaze for dipping or just powdered sugar for dusting
10 out-of-the-box pizza ideas that are better than delivery
Fold, roll and twist your way to CHEESIER pastures with these 10 original pizza ideas!
In a bowl, combine 1 cup of all purpose flour, 3/4 cup of rolled oats, 2 teaspoons of baking powder, 2 teaspoons of...
- All purpose flour, rolled oats, fresh orange, canola oil, milk, baking powder, cinnamon, peanut butter, water, plain yogurt
Nutella MANIA: Make the most of your jar with these 25 recipes
By Pascale Weeks
Put the spoon down, and step away from the Nutella jar. You can do so much more with it than that. Here are 25 ideas to inspire you!
Baked H/D Pumpkin Fritters
Hill's Science Diet wet food mixed with pureed pumpkin
- Hill's Science Diet H/D,Pureed Pumpkin
Easy Zucchini Fritters
By Bourbon Barrel Foods, Bourbon Barrel Foods
Preheat oven to 200 degrees
- 1 pound (about 2 medium) zucchini
- 1 tsp Bourbon Smoked Salt
- 2 scallions, split lengthwise and sliced thin
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Bourbon Smoked Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Bourbon Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Olive or another oil of your choice, for frying
- To serve (optional)
- 1 cup sour cream or plain, full-fat yogurt
- 1 to 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- Pinches of Bourbon Smoked Salt
- 1 small minced or crushed clove of garlic
- Click this link to explore all of Bourbon Barrel Food's exciting products: Bourbon Barrel Foods
Never wreck another cake again: 25 ingredient swaps you can make in a bind
Need to satisfy your chocolate cake fetish but missing a key ingredient? Don't panic! These 25 baking swaps are here to save the day!
Banana Fritters with Creole Sauce
By Cathy Naveaux
Peel bananas and cut them in half lengthwise
- 8 bananas
- For the batter:
- 2 eggs
- scant 1/2 cup milk
- 2 1/2 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 tbsp yeast
- 1 1/3 tbsp oil
- scant 1/2 cup beer
- For the Creole sauce:
- 4 bananas
- 2 lemons
- 2 cups cream
- 3 1/3 cup granulated sugar