Mini Apple Fritters
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- dash salt
- 1 – 2 tsp. cinnamon (depending on how much you love cinnamon)
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 Tbsp butter melted
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups chopped apple
- peanut sized or smaller
- oil for frying
- milk and powdered sugar glaze for dipping or just powdered sugar for dusting
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Mix all dry ingredients together, slowly add the wet ingredients minus the apple. Carefully mix until well combined but not overly beat,gently fold in apple pieces. The batter should be the consistency of a light cake mix. Once the oil is ready (when a test drop of dough floats to the top of the oil, a drop of water sizzles, or a piece of white bread browns in 60 seconds) then using a cookie scooper or soup spoon, place a 4-5 balls of dough into the oil.
Be careful not to overcrowd and watch carefully for the underside to turn golden brown, then gently flip over and continue frying until done. I cooked mine about 35 seconds per side, but they were the size of golf balls – adjust cooking times based on size of fritters and temperature of your oil, ideally around 365° F. It is always a good idea to test one to ensure it comes out like you are expecting.
You'll also love
- Mini Apple Pies 4.2/5 (310 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Recipe for chocolate-covered... 4.4/5 (89 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Sex In A Pan 3.9/5 (126 Votes)
- French toast 3.2/5 (204 Votes)
- Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Crumb Top... 2.7/5 (218 Votes)
- Berry Blue Freeze 4.5/5 (73 Votes)
- Baby Food: Apple and Oat Puree 4.8/5 (50 Votes)
- Mini meatloafs 4.8/5 (61 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.