30 Pleasing Casseroles To Make When Everyone's Home For The Holidays
Nothing welcomes in family during the holidays like a warm meal. Try these casserole recipes for a dinner everyone will enjoy!
1/30 View slideshow
© Dishing Delish
Cheesy Stuffed Pepper Casserole
Quick and simple — it doesn't get any better than that. This nutritious yet decadently cheesy dish will please everyone at the table. Want to turn it into single-serving finger food? Bake the mixture in a muffin tin and serve tasty casserole muffins!
More steaming articles
3 Game Of Thrones Dishes You Need To... Box Mixes You Need To Stop Buying and... 33 Secrets That Only Pro Party Hosts...
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Spanish Empanadas
These Spanish empanadas are little hot pockets of delicious!
- 2.25 Cups of flour
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 3 Tsp. of lard
- 1/5 Cup of warm water
- 5 Tsp. of olive oil
- 1 Onion, minced
- 1/2 pound of ground beef
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 Tsp. of chili powder
- 1 Tsp. of cumin
- 2 Garlic cloves, diced
- 1 Can of diced tomatoes
- In a bowl, combine the flour, beaten egg, lard, warm water, and olive oil, and mix thoroughly.
- In a hot pan, pour a little olive oil and sautée the onions, until tender. Add the ground beef, salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, garlic and diced tomatoes. Cook until beef is no longer pink, and the flavors have incorporated well.
- Roll out the empanada dough, and cut out circles with a ramekin.
- Cover a baking tray with a piece of parchment paper, and place the dough circles on top.
- Fill with meat mixture, fold in half and press with the edge of a fork. Brush with egg yolk to glaze.
- Cook at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from oven... and enjoy!
Comment on this article