This probably the pasta dish that we make the most, and the epitome of comfort food.
- -1 zucchini
- -2 cloves of garlic
- -200g pasta (penne,rigatoni, macaroni or other tube shaped pasta)
- -olive oil
- -grated parmesan
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Start boiling the pasta water. Cut the zucchini down the middle, then slice into thin half-moons. Chop the garlic finely. Grate the parmesan.
In a pan, add the zucchini and half of the garlic with a little bit of water. Cover, and let steam until zucchini is almost cooked, stirring frequently.
Once the zucchini is almost cooked and the water has evaporated, add the rest of the garlic, a teaspoon of pepperoncino, a good glug of olive oil, and salt. Stir until the garlic is cooked.
When the pasta is cooked, top with the zucchini mixture and add freshly grated parmesan.
You'll also love
- Chicken Lasagne 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Easiest Peanut Butter Fudge EVER! 3.9/5 (20 Votes)
- Our Favorite Tacos 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
- Garlic Flan in Parsley Emulsion 4.2/5 (29 Votes)
- Vegetable Bayaldi 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Crispy Stuffed Mushrooms with Crab 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Roasted Red Pepper Garlic Fries 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Homemade Mac and Cheese 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Do you put the pasta in without waiting for the water to boil? Add oil? Forget the salt?