- 1/2 cup margarine
- 2cups graham wafer crumbs
- 1/4cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 2cups fresh or frozen sliced strawberries
- 1tblsp cornstarch
- Whipping cream
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Melt in microwave first amount margarine. Stir in graham crumbs and white sugar
Pat into bottom of small oblong baking dish and bake for 10minutes at 350 degrees. Cool in fridge thoroughly
Mix together until smooth the icing sugar and second amount of margarine. Spread over cooled crumb crust
In a saucepan mix together berry slices and cornstarch. Cook over medium low heat until it thickens. Cool completely in the fridge. Spread over icing layer
Allow layers to settle together in fridge for several hours or overnight. Slice and serve with whip cream
You'll also love
- Quick Whipped Topping Salad 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Pumpkin Chiffon Pie 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Delicious and Healthy Smoothie 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Choclate dipped strawberries 4.1/5 (20 Votes)
- Garlic Potatoes 4.1/5 (22 Votes)
- Strawberry Bavarian 4.1/5 (23 Votes)
- Carmel Sauce Grandpères 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Coconut Cookies 4/5 (5 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.