- 34 caramel candies
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cold water
- 1 envelope plain gelatin
- 1 tub whipped topping
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 baked 9" pie crust
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 25mins
Cost Average budget
In double boiler, mix caramels, hot water, and salt.
After caramels have melted add cold water and gelatin. Mix well.
Let mixture cool for 10 minutes. Mix in whipped topping and pecans.
Pour into pie shell and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
You'll also love
- Caramel Apple Tatin Cheesecake 3.9/5 (202 Votes)
- Pretzel Crusted White Chocolate... 4.1/5 (120 Votes)
- Banana Split Cake 2.9/5 (9 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Homemade Chewy Brownies 2.9/5 (9 Votes)
- easy apple pie 2.9/5 (11 Votes)
- Cake Mix Cookies 2.9/5 (8 Votes)
- Boston Cream Pie 2.8/5 (16 Votes)
- Margie's stuff 2.8/5 (11 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.