Cream of Mushroom Chicken Pot Pie
NO BOTTOM CRUST CHICKEN POT PIE!
- 2.5 LARGE CHICKEN BREASTS
- 2 MEDIUM PEELED CARROT
- 1 CUP MUSHROOMS
- 1 CUP CORN
- SUN DRIED TOMATOES (IF YOU WISH)
- 1.5 CANS CREAM OF CHICKEN
- 1 CAN CREAM OF MUSHROOM
- 1 1/3 CUP MILK
- 2 EGGS
- 2 CUPS FLOUR
- 3 TSP BAKING POWDER
- 1 STICK BUTTER MELTED
- ITALIAN SEASONING
- PAPRIKA (FOR COLOR NOT TASTE)
- ONE OF THOSE RECTANGLE PANS 15" by 10" approx.
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
preheat oven to 425 and grease your pan
saute all hearty ingredients (chicken first to avoid sickness then the veggies in different pan) on medium heat- brown those puppies and cook. When all cooked throw them in your pan *note: chicken CAN be undercooked slightly here in the middle since its going in the oven. but make sure the edges are all done before putting in veggies.
spread meat/veggie mix over the bottom of the pan. add cream of chicken, and cream of mushroom. and mix thoroughly before spreading evenly across the bottom
mix all other ingredients in a bowl. consistency should be easily pourable but not completely liquidated. it should be thick. if not, add either more butter or more flour depending on the problem. (i never measure so i always have this problem)
pour said mixture onto meat/veggie mixture in the pan. spread it out! this will be your crust. if it looks too thick then it is and take some out. this stuff expands a lot!
throw in the oven for about 30-45 minutes OR until starting to brown on top. should be golden like a retriever NOT dark or it will taste funny.
add salt to taste, cut up and enjoy!
easy to switch up ingredients! try it a few times and see what spices and things you like best.
You'll also love
- Garlic Roast Chicken with Rosemary... 2.9/5 (12 Votes)
- Crock Pot Creamy Italian Chicken 2.9/5 (9 Votes)
- ROBS CHILI 2.9/5 (15 Votes)
- Apple crumb pie 2.8/5 (53 Votes)
- Seared Pork tenderlion 2.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Chicken Noodle Casserole Redone 2.8/5 (54 Votes)
- COMFORTING CHICKEN 2.8/5 (16 Votes)
- Easy Chicken Pie 2.7/5 (9 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.