Homemade Chewy Brownies
Here is finally a chewy brownie that will delight your senses!
- 1/4 c. melted margarine
- 6 T. Hershey's (preferred) cocoa
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/2 c. flour
- 2 t. vanilla
- 1 c. chopped walnuts (optional)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
Grease 8-inch square pan. Combine and stir all ingredients briskly. Add nuts, if desired. Spread dough into pan. Bake 22 to 25 minutes. Cool 10 minutes. cut into squares w/cold, sprayed knife.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!