Sweet Potato Quick Bread
Nutrition per serving:
10g fat (5g saturated)
283 mg sodium
- 1tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2eggs lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cup leftover sweet potatoes mashed
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup hot water
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 70mins
Cost Average budget
Heat oven to 375 F and oil a 9X5 inch loaf pan.
Combine butter and sugars, mix in eggs and potatoes, blend well.
I separate bowl, combine flours, salt, baking soda, and spices.
Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture, in two steps alternating with hot water.
Pour batter into pan.
Bake in centre of oven for 70 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Cool slightly and serve.
You'll also love
- Willie's brownies 5/5 (1452 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Country Style Apple Pie 4.5/5 (1147 Votes)
- Spiced Apple and Marscapone Ravioli 4.4/5 (955 Votes)
- Lemon Meringue Tartlets 4.9/5 (229 Votes)
- White Chocolate Raffaello Cake 4.6/5 (230 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Authentic Puerto Rican Domplines 4.3/5 (206 Votes)
- Hungarian Zucchini Squash with... 4.6/5 (173 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Tatin Cheesecake 3.9/5 (183 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!