This is just scrumptious. It's even better if you really start from scratch and make your own filling. Start by using 3 cups of fresh or frozen sour cherries, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon almond extract soaked 15 minutes in Minute Tapioca, then cooked until thickened, as your filling.Then proceed with the rest of the recipe and ingredients.
- 1 (21 oz.) can cherry pie filling
- 2 t. lemon juice
- 2 T. flour 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 t. cinnamon
- 2 T. butter or margarine
- 1/2 c. oats
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Combine the filling, lemon juice and spoon into a 9 X 9-inch baking dish.
Combine the flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Cut in the butter until crumbly. Stir in the oats. Sprinkle over the filling.
Bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes. Cool completely before cutting.
You'll also love
- Willie's brownies 5/5 (1452 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Country Style Apple Pie 4.5/5 (1147 Votes)
- Spiced Apple and Marscapone Ravioli 4.4/5 (955 Votes)
- Lemon Meringue Tartlets 4.9/5 (229 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Tatin Cheesecake 3.9/5 (183 Votes)
- Insanely delicious cookies from... 3.2/5 (234 Votes)
- Nanking Cherry Liquer 4/5 (68 Votes)
- Christmas Treat: Cherry Snowballs 4.3/5 (29 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.