Mom Merrill's Rhubarb Crisp
Rate this recipe 2.9/5 (8 Votes)
- 2 ½ cups cut rhubarb
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup sugar
- ¾ cup flour
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup oats
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¾ cup margarine, melted
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 tsp. water
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Mix rhubarb, sugar, flour, and salt. Place in buttered baking dish. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Mix sugars, flour, oats, butter, and salt. Pour over rhubarb mixture as a topping. Sprinkle with water. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
You'll also love
- Nana's Rhubarb Crisp 4/5 (15 Votes)
- Sweet Catalan 2.9/5 (8 Votes)
- Quick donuts 2.9/5 (8 Votes)
- Easy Carrot cake 2.9/5 (8 Votes)
- Pancake Blackberry Cobbler 2.9/5 (14 Votes)
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie 2.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Strawberry Rhubarb Soup 2.8/5 (25 Votes)
- Apple Crisp 2.8/5 (14 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Zebra Cake
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Review this recipe