Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
- 2 pie crusts
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup flour
- 3 cups strawberries
- 3 cups rhubarb
- 1 tablespoon butter
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 55mins
Cost Average budget
Heat oven to 425. Place bottom pie crust into pan.
Slice strawberries and cut rhubarb into 1/2 inch pieces.
Mix sugar and flour. Stir in strawberries and rhubarb.
Fill pie. Cut butter into small pieces over filling.
Cover with top crust. Cut slits into top crust. Cover edge with aluminum foil.
Bake 55 minutes. Remove foil during last 15 minutes of baking. Cool 2 hours.
You'll also love
- Sugarless Cookies 2.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Toffee Bark 2.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Banana Split Cake 2.8/5 (18 Votes)
- Croquembouche 2.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Taco Pie 2.3/5 (103 Votes)
- Strawberry Treat 2.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Strawberry Rhubarb Soup 2.8/5 (25 Votes)
- Penny's strawberry rhubarb pie 2.8/5 (12 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!