Cake: No-Bake Cheesecake
Incredibly light, fluffy cake that is everyone's favourite cheesecake!
- 1 pint Whipping Cream
- 1 package Light Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Vanilla (use Clear vanilla if you can find it)
- 2 cups Graham Wafer Crumbs
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2-2/3cup melted Butter
- Fruit - either canned or fresh
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Mix graham crumbs with cinnamon well. Melt butter and pour it in; make sure all crumbs are well coated in butter, but not soggy. Adjust levels if you need to.
Press the crumbs into a pan: I use a spring-form cake pan but you can use a plain old 8x8" square cake pan, or if doubling the recipe, a long baking dish. Press the crumbs well all around and pack them down tight. Put in the fridge.
Put the cream cheese in a big bowl and start to cream it with a mixer. When it's softened a bit, add the vanilla and sugar; beat it well. Add the whole pit of whipping cream and keep whipping it until it thickens - at least 4-5 mins.
Pour the cheese mix over the graham crumbs; spread it out to cover the whole thing well. Put back in the fridge for 15-20 mins.
When it has firmed up a little more you can decorate. I like to use canned cherries, but an arrangement of fresh fruit is lovely also. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
You'll also love
- Maw Maw's chocolate cream pie 2.9/5 (15 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Cup Cookies 2.5/5 (3 Votes)
- Ham Roll-Ups 2.9/5 (13 Votes)
- Harvest Brew 2.9/5 (13 Votes)
- Low Calorie Chocolate Pie. 2.9/5 (23 Votes)
- Four Cheese Stuffed Jalapenos 2.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Super Easy Boxed Strawberry Cake 2.9/5 (9 Votes)
- Yogurt Cake 2.9/5 (43 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!