Margaret's No-Bake Cheesecake
Delicious!!! A light & creamy dessert that is GREAT plain or topped with fresh berries of your choice.
- 1 package Dream Whip made per package directions
- 1 small box lemon jello made per package directions & chilled till syrupy but not set. VERY IMPORTANT STEP.
- 1 8oz pkg cream cheese softened. }
- 1 tsp. Vanilla } For Filling
- 1/2 C sugar }
- 2 C finely crushed graham cracker crumbs }
- 1/2 C sugar } Crust
- 1 stick melted butter }
- 9x13" baking pan
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 60mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Combine crust ingredients in medium bowl. Press into bottom of 9x13" pan. Set aside.
Remove jello from fridge before it sets. It should be syrupy, not set. Whip jello with an electric mixer.
In large bowl beat cream cheese, sugar & vanilla with an electric mixer till well combined & smooth. Add jello & mix well. Add prepared dream whip & blend together on low speed of mixer. Pour over crust & place in refrigerator till set, about 3 hours.
Slice into 12 or 16 squares to serve, sprinkling the crumbs in the pan from the crust over the top of each piece.
This recipe was given to be by my mother, Margaret J. Pierce (nee Melvin-Downing) before she passed away. This was & is a family favorite. Thank you mom, for everything.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
This no-bake dessert is so quick, so easy, and oh so delicious!
- 12 strawberries
- 8 oz cream cheese (1 package)
- 1/2 cup powedered sugar
- 4 small graham crackers
- Hull the strawberries.
- In a bowl, mix the cream cheese and sugar.
- Fill each strawberry with the cheesecake filling.
- Smash the graham crackers and sprinkle on top.
- Serve and enjoy!