The apples add a hint of sweetness that compliments the slightly spiciness from the curry and cumin.
- 2 Apples, Braeburn, Golden Delicious, or Granny Smith, cut in to 1/2 cubes
- 2 Medium sized sweet potatoes, cut into 1/2 cubes
- 2 Small or 1 Medium Turnip, cut into 1/2 cubes
- 1/2 Small Sweet Onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons of Butter or Oil
- 2 Teaspoons of Cumin
- 1 Tablespoon of Curry Powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Gram Marsla
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/4-1/2 cup of Water, if needed
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
Heat butter in large sauté pan until melted
Add onions and sauté until slightly brown and add potatoes and turnip and sauté until soft. Add water if needed, in small amounts so as not to lose the browning on surface, to help soften vegetables.
Add apples and spices. Cook until apples just soften but not until the apples go mushy.
Serve right away. Goes well grilled chicken, salmon, or pork.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.