Spiced recipes - 3 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Who will you make these elegant duck pastry pockets for?
- 1 whole duck breast
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 3-4 slices ham
- 3-4 tbsp raspberry jam
- 3- 4 slices Muenster cheese
- Fry the duck breast in a pan until medium rare (or your preference) and browned on the outside.
- Roll out a sheet of puff pastry, and layer the ham slices in the middle.
- Spread the raspberry jam over the ham slices, and follow with the Muenster cheese, and the duck breast.
- Moisten the sides of the pastry with water, then fold to enclose the duck.
- Brush the pastry with the egg yolk, then score lightly with a knife.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 464°F (until the cheese is melted and the pastry is golden brown)
- Serve, and enjoy!
Top rated Spiced recipes
Mexican Spiced Hot Cocoa
Prepare the hot cocoa mix according to the package directions
- 1 serving hot cocoa mix (plus the ingredients called for in the package directions)
- 2 pinches ground chipotle chili pepper
- 2 pinches ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sweetened whipped cream
5 Spiced Beer Can Chicken
1. Heat Grill to 350°F-375°F and prepare a spot for the chicken to cook over indirect heat
- 1 whole (1.5 kg) Whole Chicken
- 1 tsp | 5 ml sea salt
- 3 tbsp | 45 ml fresh ginger
- finely chopped
- 2 tsp | 10 ml Chinese 5 Spice
- 1 tbsp | 15 ml vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp | 15 ml sesame oil
- 1 - 355 ml can pilsner style beer
Southwestern Spiced Broccoli and Cheese with Hot Peppers
I came up with this recipe because I couldn't find any southwestern style recipes that used broccoli
- 2 pounds broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon walnut oil
- 1/2 cup fine chopped white onion
- 8 crushed cloves garlic
- 1 fine chopped Anaheim chili pepper
- 3 minced red jalapeno peppers
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon minced cilantro
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup gold tequila or dry white wine
- 1 cup crumbled queso blanco cheese
- 1 cup grated Monterey or pepper jack
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste