Chicken & Rice Casserole with Pimento and Water Chestnuts
A great family meal easy to prepare& will bring them back for more.
- 8 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 Tbsp minced onion
- 1 C uncooked rice NOT instant rice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1/2 C chopped green pepper
- 1 small jar chopped pimento
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts drained
- 2 T soft butter
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 120mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350* F. Butter 9x13" pan. In large bowl mix everything except chicken, butter, salt & pepper. Pour into pan. Place chicken on top & dab with butter. Sprinkle with salt & pepper. Cover with foil & bake for 1 hour. Remove foil & bake 45-60 minutes.
Remove from oven & serve hot with salad & rolls.
I cut my green peppers into strips.
You'll also love
- Broccoli & Wild Rice Casserole... 4.3/5 (5 Votes)
- Sausage Casserole 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Rachel's Lasagna 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Blueberry French Toast Casserole 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Cabbage Noodles 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Turkey Casserole 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Flavorful Grilled Chicken 4/5 (40 Votes)
- Bisquick Chicken Pot Pie 3.9/5 (14 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.