- 1 box of uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 lb lean hamburger
- 1 26 oz jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 16oz tub of fat free cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 2 6 oz bags of shredded white cheese in any flavor/variety you prefer
- parsley for garnish
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Average budget
Boil the noodles until al dente. Meanwhile, brown the hamburger with the minced garlic and Italian Seasoning. Drain off any excess fat, then add the jar of spaghetti sauce. White you wait for both of those things to cook then you can mix the white cheese stuff. Add the cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, garlic salt, and eggs and mix until everything is evenly distributed.
Once everything is done cooking, boiling, or mixing, then you layer everything in a rectangular baking dish. One layer of noodles, then half of the hamburger/spaghetti sauce mixture, then half of the white cheese mixture, then 3/4 bag of shredded cheese. Repeat but when you get to the second shredded cheese layer, only use about 1/4 to 1/2 a bag of cheese since you will be putting one more layer of noodles on top of that and then the rest of the cheese. Garnish with parsley and cook about 35 minutes at 350 or until lightly browned and bubbling.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Cheesy Cauliflower Pizza Cups are just what you need when snack o'clock rolls around!
- 1/2 cauliflower head
- 8 eggs for cauliflower mix
- 4-6 cups shredded cheese
- 6 slices salami
- 6 tbsp pizza Sauce
- Boil diced cauliflower in salted water until tender.
- Blend, then transfer to mixing bowl.
- Mix in 2 eggs, pepper and 2 cups of shredded cheese
- Share the cauliflower mixture out between 6 ramekins, forming little cups
- Add 1 cup of shredded cheese
- Bake for 25 min at 375°F
- Add a slice of salami, a tbsp of pizza sauce, and one raw egg to each ramekin
- Top with cheese and return to oven for 7 min at 375°F
- Serve, and enjoy!