- 2 lbs burger meat (I use ground elk)
- 4 quarts of whole tomatoes- preferably home canned or whatever brand you like
- 1 can of Tomato Sauce same variety
- 1 small can of Tomato Paste + 1 can of water
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 Large Onion chopped
- 2 to 3 Cloves of Garlic minced
- 4 Whole Cloves
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Oregano
- 1 Tablespoon Basil
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1 minced anchovy (optional)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
put 2 T olive oil in a pan
Brown some or all of the burger leave chunky don't over stir,( if you want to make meatballs reserve 3/4 of a lb of the burger to make meatballs later.)
Add a little salt and pepper to browning meat
When meat is browned add diced onion and cook until translucent
Then add minced garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes
Mush up and add whole tomatoes, sauce , paste and water you can add a little more water
Add spices and other ingredients
Best to let this simmer (careful not to burn) for 24 hours but 3 or 4 hours will do.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
This multi-colored Rainbow Shrimp Pasta is utterly delicious, and sure to impress when you serve it up!
- 2 oz red spaghetti
- 2 oz green spaghetti
- 2 cups shrimp
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- Boil the red and green spaghetti separately in salted water until al dente.
- Fry the shrimp in a pan with plenty of salt, pepper and paprika.
- Add 1/2 cup of cream cheese, and stir through until combined.
- Arrange the cooked spaghetti in an alternating pattern on a plate.
- Top with the creamy shrimp sauce
- Garnish, and serve!