- 2 slices of bread
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- small onion or onion seasoning
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound of beef
- 1/2 pound pork
- 1 egg
- pinch of ginger
- nutmeg and pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup water
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
cut bread into cubes and soak 1 1/2 cups of the cubes in the cream and milk. Soak for 5 minutes
Put the onion in a skillet with 1 tablespoon of butter
mix the meats together
Add to the meat the egg, onion, bread and seasonings
Shape the meat into balls and cook in a skillet with oil.
Rotate the meatballs so they cook evenly
Once the meatballs are cooked, place on a plate that has paper towel (to absorb the oil)
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.