How to make simple roast chicken - 9 recipes
If you like this, you'll definitely like: when to make roast chicken
Chef Tips and Tricks
Did you know you can toast sweet potato slices... and it's absolutely delicious!
- Slice an avocado in half.
- In a bowl, combine avocado with half an onion (diced) and coriander.
- Add the juice from half a lemon and some salt, and mix.
- Cut a sweet potato into 1/2 inch slices.
- Place in a toaster, making sure to toast both sides.
- Spread the avocado mix onto the toast. Enjoy!
Top rated Simple roast chicken recipes
Roast Chicken Stuffed Potatoes with Mushroom Pan Gravy
By ziggfoo, The Kitchen Witch - changing everyday ingredients into something beautiful
This quick and easy weeknight meal can be put together in a jiff giving each lucky person a little bit of comfort o
- 1 pre-roasted 3 lb grocery chicken
- 4 russet baking potatoes
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 6-8 sliced button mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp each sat and pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried herbes de provence or thyme
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 2 cups chicken stock
Who Came First?
Food joke - Who came first?
Roast Chicken; Low and Slow
By nrlowell, The Chef's Last Diet - exploring a healthy love of food
A slow roasted chicken that yields juicy, tender, silky meat, and crispy skin
- 1 Roasting Chicken (3-4 Lbs)
- 2-3 tablespoons Kosher Salt
- 1 Lemon (Pierced all over)
- Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Fine Herbs
- 2 large Carrots (Peeled and cut into thirds horizontally)
- 1 stalk Celery (Cut into thirds horizontally)
- 1/2 large Onion (Cut into quarters)
- 4 cups Chicken Stock (more as needed)
10 things you didn't know about chicken
Find out 10 interesting fact about chicken!
Salt & Cumin Roast Chicken
Preheat the oven to 400℉
- 3 Lbs skin-on, bone-in chicken pieces
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 t ground cumin
- 2 T butter, melted
Garlic Roast Chicken with Rosemary and Lemon
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into large chunks
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves stripped from stems
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, eyeball it
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning blend (recommended: Montreal Seasoning) or, coarse salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
Here's how to dine out without ruining your bikini body
By Déborah Deprez
Stuffed Roast Chicken Breast (or Turkey, or Duck) Without a Recipe
Lay the breast out flat on your cutting board, skin side down
- The filling is your caprice; just think about which flavors will complement your bird. For duck breast, I’ve used a mixture of pitted picholine or cerignola olives, fresh ginger, garlic, lemon zest, and oregano; for chicken, you might think about kalamata olives, roasted red peppers, and so on.
Simple Roast Whole Chicken
Preheat the oven to 450°F
- One 2- to 3-pound farm-raised chicken
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced thyme (optional)
- Unsalted butter
- Dijon mustard
Roast Chicken with Spring Vegetables
Fast and Easy to Prepare
- 3 1/2 pounds skin-on bone in chicken quarters
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 lemon halved
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound fingerling or other small potatoes
- 2 bunches radishes
- 1 bunch scallions
- 1 bunch baby carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
Cajun Roast Chicken
Whole chicken with a spread of herbs and wine, roasted to perfection, tender and juicy!
- 3 lbs Whole Chicken
- 1 tsp dried basil (1 tbsp fresh)
- 1 tsp dried oregano (1 tbsp fresh)
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tsp wine vinegar
Greek-Style Lemon Roast Chicken
Marinated and stuffed with lemons, this really is a roast with a twist
- 1 chicken (3-1/2 lb.)
- salt and black pepper
- 1 medium lemon halved, washed
- 1/2 cup Kraft Greek with Feta and Oregano Dressing