Roast Chicken Stuffed Potatoes with Mushroom Pan Gravy
This quick and easy weeknight meal can be put together in a jiff giving each lucky person a little bit of comfort on their plate!
Find more recipes from the Kitchen Witch here
- 1 pre-roasted 3 lb grocery chicken
- 4 russet baking potatoes
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 6-8 sliced button mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp each sat and pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried herbes de provence or thyme
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 2 cups chicken stock
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 90mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Pierce potatoes all over with a fork and roast in a pre-heated 400 degree oven directly on the oven rack for 90 minutes.
Using clean hands or kitchen gloves, pull apart and shred the chicken mixing the white and ark meat. Set aside until ready to use.
Saute the mushrooms in the butter in a non-stick pan over medium high heat. Add the garlic powder, salt, pepper, and herbs.
When the mushrooms have released their water, add the flour to the pan and make a roux, adding additional reserved fat to the pan if needed - you are going to make a "paste" or roux with the flour and the pan drippings. keep stirring over medium heat for about 30 seconds to take all rawness out of the flour.
Add the sherry and whisk. Add the chicken stock and continue to whisk until the gravy thickens.
Cut each potato in half and then fluff by squeezing the ends and pushing inward toward the center of the potato. Place generous amounts of chicken on each potato half and drizzle generously with the mushroom pan gravy.
You'll also love
- Easy Buffalo Chicken Wrap 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
- QUICK VEGAN GRAVY 4.2/5 (24 Votes)
- Chicken Tikka Masala 3.9/5 (70 Votes)
- Roasted Red Potatoes 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Swiss Stuffed Chicken Breast 4.1/5 (25 Votes)
- Effortless Garlic Roasted Potatoes 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Super Easy Italian Chicken 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Poppyseed Chicken 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.