BUBBLING BROWN CHICKEN
- 1 lb. chicken breasts
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and sliced
- 2 teas basil, dried (or 1/4 C/ fresh)
- 2 teas parsley, dried (or 1/4 C/ fresh)
- 2 1/12 tbs. margarine
- 2 1/12 tbs. flour
- 1 C. milk
- 1/3 C. chicken stock, cooled
- 1/8 teas. nutmeg, grated (optional)
- 1/2 teas. each of salt & pepper
- 1 C. cheese, grated (cheddar or swiss)
- 1/3 C. breadcrumbs
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Put the chicken in a pot and add just enough water to cover.
Boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 mins.
Remove the chicken from the pot and cool in the stock
When cooled, removed and shred or cut into slices. Reserve stock.
Combine parsley and basil and set aside
In a saucepan, melt the margarine over MED and whisk in flour.
Cook 1 min. ensuring it does not brown
Whisk in milk, stock, nutmeg, salt & pepper.
Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
Reduce heat and cook 2 - 3 mins. until smooth
In a greased pan, layer half the tomatoes, half the basil mixture and half the chicken mixture.
Spread bechamel sauce over the top
Sprinkle with cheese and breadcrumbs
Cover pan and cook at 350° for 40 mins.
Cook till golden
You'll also love
- Spinach Dip 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Chicken Liver Scottsdale 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Classic Chicken Pot Pie 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Stuffed Mushrooms 3.5/5 (253 Votes)
- Lasagne with Salmon and Broccoli 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Cheesy Chicken Roll Ups 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Leek casserole with scallops 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Chicken Francinette 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Cheesy Cauliflower Pizza Cups are just what you need when snack o'clock rolls around!
- 1/2 cauliflower head
- 8 eggs for cauliflower mix
- 4-6 cups shredded cheese
- 6 slices salami
- 6 tbsp pizza Sauce
- Boil diced cauliflower in salted water until tender.
- Blend, then transfer to mixing bowl.
- Mix in 2 eggs, pepper and 2 cups of shredded cheese
- Share the cauliflower mixture out between 6 ramekins, forming little cups
- Add 1 cup of shredded cheese
- Bake for 25 min at 375°F
- Add a slice of salami, a tbsp of pizza sauce, and one raw egg to each ramekin
- Top with cheese and return to oven for 7 min at 375°F
- Serve, and enjoy!