The spinach, cream cheese and spinach dip are frequently featured on 10/$10 sales. I have frozen the spinach dip containers before when I got it on sale and that works just fine in this recipe.
- 10 ounce box frozen chopped spinach thawed and well drained
- 2 containers 16 ounces Spinach Dip in the diary case not from the deli
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 8 ounces finely shredded Italian cheese blend
- Garlic and Onion Powder to taste
- Cocktail Bread
- Tortilla or Pita Chips
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350°. Microwave spinach on high for 7 minutes. Drain well (use either a salad spinner or a kitchen towel.) In a greased baking dish combine all ingredients. Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with cocktail bread, crackers, tortilla or pita chips.
Place the cream cheese directly on top of the hot spinach. This makes it easier to incorporate all ingredients. Experiment with flavored cream cheese. I like to use the Onion and Chive variety when I can catch it on sale.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Cheesy Cauliflower Pizza Cups are just what you need when snack o'clock rolls around!
- 1/2 cauliflower head
- 8 eggs for cauliflower mix
- 4-6 cups shredded cheese
- 6 slices salami
- 6 tbsp pizza Sauce
- Boil diced cauliflower in salted water until tender.
- Blend, then transfer to mixing bowl.
- Mix in 2 eggs, pepper and 2 cups of shredded cheese
- Share the cauliflower mixture out between 6 ramekins, forming little cups
- Add 1 cup of shredded cheese
- Bake for 25 min at 375°F
- Add a slice of salami, a tbsp of pizza sauce, and one raw egg to each ramekin
- Top with cheese and return to oven for 7 min at 375°F
- Serve, and enjoy!