Leek casserole with scallops
- small leeks
- saffron spices
- bechamel sauce
- grated cheese
- fine breadcrumbs
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Cut the leeks into strips and blanch 10 minutes.
- Cut scallops in half
- Fry in a little butter
- Add saffron salt and pepper.
Make a bechamel and butter the casserole.
Gently combine leeks, scallops and the béchamel with grated cheese that should melt slightly as the mixture should be lukewarm.
Place this mixture into your casserole and bake 20 minutes, remembering to top with a thin layer of breadcrumbs 5 minutes before removing from the oven.
You'll also love
- Quiche with chicory, ham and cream... 3.8/5 (26 Votes)
- Provencal Mackerel 4/5 (10 Votes)
- Pasta With Bacon and Leeks 4/5 (10 Votes)
- basic white sauce 4/5 (8 Votes)
- FARFALLE WITH ROASTED RED PEPPER... 3.9/5 (32 Votes)
- Seafood Casserole 3.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Casserole of Scallops and Shrimp... 3.3/5 (171 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Scallops in phyllo dough 3/5 (311 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
This French classic gets turned upside-down with tangy, caramelized cherry tomatoes!
- Bread, in chunks
- Grated Parmesan
- 1 Egg
- Salt and pepper
- Italian Seasoning
- 1 Cup of milk
- Balsamic vinegar
- Cherry Tomatoes
- In a bowl, mix together the bread chunks, grated Parmesan, egg, salt, pepper, Italian Seasoning, and cup of milk.
- In a pot, combine the sugar and Balsamic vinegar. Bring to a boil until it has reduced (it should be a little thicker).
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half, and place them in a single layer in a baking dish.
- Cover the tomatoes with the reduced vinegar and a layer of Prosciutto.
- Cover everything in a layer of the bread mixture, and cook at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, flip upside-down... and enjoy!