Mackerel seasoned with rosemary and thyme, with a side of zucchinis and tomatoes
- 6 mackerels
- 4 zucchinis
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 6 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Place the fish in an oven-safe dish. Drizzle each fish with 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, and place a sprig or rosemary and a sprig of thyme in the middle of each fish.
Slice the zucchinis, tomatoes and onion into thin pieces.
Grill the mackerel in the oven for 20 minutes at 525 degrees F. If you like your vegetables well cooked, then add them to the same pan as the fish, season with salt and pepper, and the remaining olive oil. If you prefer them crunchy, add them to the same pan 5 minutes after the fish.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
This French classic gets turned upside-down with tangy, caramelized cherry tomatoes!
- Bread, in chunks
- Grated Parmesan
- 1 Egg
- Salt and pepper
- Italian Seasoning
- 1 Cup of milk
- Balsamic vinegar
- Cherry Tomatoes
- In a bowl, mix together the bread chunks, grated Parmesan, egg, salt, pepper, Italian Seasoning, and cup of milk.
- In a pot, combine the sugar and Balsamic vinegar. Bring to a boil until it has reduced (it should be a little thicker).
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half, and place them in a single layer in a baking dish.
- Cover the tomatoes with the reduced vinegar and a layer of Prosciutto.
- Cover everything in a layer of the bread mixture, and cook at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, flip upside-down... and enjoy!