Carmelized Apple French Toast
- 1 teaspoonful unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 teaspoonful vanilla
- 3/8 teaspoonful ground cardamon
- 8 slices thick white bread
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Sprinkle 2 tablespoons brown sugar evenly of lightly greased baking sheet.
Whisk milk with eggs, applesauce, granulated sugar, rum, vanilla, cardamon and salt.
Arrange on baking sheet and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of brown sugar.
Bake for 20 minutes, turning once and serve.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.