7 sensational grilling alternatives to brats and burgers
Barbecues are one of those delightful summer traditions that never gets old. It's the best way to spend sunny days and provides a way to unwind and enjoy beautiful weather and food in good company.
That said, it's easy to get into a BBQ rut with a reoccurring menu of burgers and brats, served with potato chips or fries on the side. Here are 7 easy gourmet grilling ideas that will take your barbecue game from shabby to sensational!
To change from the traditional burgers and brats, try cooking some real big hunks of meat on the grill, such as leg of lamb or lamb shoulder. The best way to do this is to pre-cook the meat in the oven on low heat the night before and finish cooking it on the grill the following day. Don't forget to first baste it in a marinade composed of oil, honey and assorted herbs.
And if you're not a fan of lamb, why not go for spare ribs or chicken thighs?
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These tasty stuffed cabbage rolls are so easy!
- 1 onion
- 5 - 6 thick rashers bacon
- 1/2 lb sausage meat
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1 cabbage head
- Fry the bacon in a skillet, then add onion, and meat.
- Add tomato paste, bell peppers, garlic and salt, and simmer till cooked through
- Boil 1 whole cabbage head in salted water till tender
- Spoon mixture into individual cabbage leaves, and fold carefully to form little rolls
- Serve with any remaining mixture