Squid with Rice
- 1 large onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 2 1/4 lb. white strips of squid
- 1 1/2 cup round rice
- Olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 lemon
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Budget Friendly
-Cut the onion and both peppers into strips. Sauté over low heat in olive oil in a large frying pan or ovenproof dish.
-While the peppers are cooking, wash and cut the strips of squid into pieces about 1cm, neither too small nor too big!
-Add the peppers and cook. Add oil olive desired. Normally salt and pepper lightly.
- Take a pan, put half a cm of olive oil and heat. Add the rice, stir 1 minute for the rice to soak and become translucent. - Salt and add water about to double the rice (1.5 cup rice = 3 cups water) some rice require a little more water (check you packages instructions. Then put on low heat without stirring and cook rice
- Stop the fire when the squid are cooked. Then serve with rice and with the squid in the center.
- Adjust to your taste with salt and pepper! Add a dash of lemon juice and eat hot!
You'll also love
- Recipewe ♡ Calamari Risotto 4/5 (30 Votes)
- Paasi paruppu pongal. 3.9/5 (16 Votes)
- Peppers and Tomatoes 4.1/5 (26 Votes)
- Vegetables Flavored with Argan Oil 3.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Pike fillet with apples and walnuts 3.6/5 (122 Votes)
- Spicy Scallop with Cilantro Pistou... 3.1/5 (280 Votes)
- Carolyn's Paprika Potatoes 3.8/5 (22 Votes)
- Canned Hot Peppers 3.4/5 (24 Votes)