Squid with Rice
- 1 large onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 2 1/4 lb. white strips of squid
- 1 1/2 cup round rice
- Olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 lemon
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Budget Friendly
-Cut the onion and both peppers into strips. Sauté over low heat in olive oil in a large frying pan or ovenproof dish.
-While the peppers are cooking, wash and cut the strips of squid into pieces about 1cm, neither too small nor too big!
-Add the peppers and cook. Add oil olive desired. Normally salt and pepper lightly.
- Take a pan, put half a cm of olive oil and heat. Add the rice, stir 1 minute for the rice to soak and become translucent. - Salt and add water about to double the rice (1.5 cup rice = 3 cups water) some rice require a little more water (check you packages instructions. Then put on low heat without stirring and cook rice
- Stop the fire when the squid are cooked. Then serve with rice and with the squid in the center.
- Adjust to your taste with salt and pepper! Add a dash of lemon juice and eat hot!
You'll also love
- Squid Provencal 3.4/5 (202 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Calamari Risotto 4/5 (30 Votes)
- Bbq Shrimp 3.1/5 (69 Votes)
- Yassa zucchini 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Risotto with pumpkin and parmesan... 3.9/5 (20 Votes)
- Scallop and Avocado Bruschetta 4/5 (10 Votes)
- Peppers and Tomatoes 4.1/5 (26 Votes)
- basic white sauce 4/5 (8 Votes)