- Click this link to explore all of Bourbon Barrel Food's exciting products: Bourbon Barrel Foods
- 4 TBS unsalted butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 c flour, divided into 1/2
- 1 c milk
- Bourbon Smoked Salt and Bourbon Smoked Pepper
- 4 tsp Bourbon Smoked Paprika
- 9 oz Fontina cheese
- 4 oz smoked salmon, chopped thinly
- 1 TBS fresh chives, snipped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 c panko
- 1 c canola oil
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 45mins
Cost Average budget
Melt butter over medium heat in a large sauce pan. Add garlic, and stir for one minute. Add 1/2 c flour until dough comes together.
Add milk very slowly and stir constantly.
Add 2 tsp Bourbon Smoked Paprika, Bourbon Smoked Salt, and Bourbon Smoked Paprika. Remove the pan off of the burner. Add in grated fontina, salmon, and chives. Cover this mixture in a large mixing bowl, and let it refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
On a floured surface, roll out the dough into one-inch thick logs. Cut the logs into two-inch thick pieces, and roll these pieces into balls. Line a baking sheet with parchment. In three separate bowls, divide the flour, beaten egg, panko plus 2 tsp Bourbon Smoked Paprika and Bourbon Smoked Salt and Pepper.
Dip each croquette into the flour mixture, then the egg mixture, then the panko mixture. Let these cool for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
Heat oven to 350. In a large frying pan, heat oil to medium-medium/high. Drop each croquette into the hot oil, and fry them for 1.5-2 minutes on each side. Place the croquettes on paper towels to drain.
When these are finished, place the croquettes on a baking sheet, and bake them for 3-5 minutes. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Trio of appetizers 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Crab cakes and homemade ketchup 3.7/5 (24 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Stuffed Avocado 3.4/5 (21 Votes)
- A Tasty Salmon Bake 3/5 (12 Votes)
- Salmon, Spinach, and Cream Cheese... 3.6/5 (65 Votes)
- Salted Caramel Cupcakes 2.9/5 (67 Votes)
- Korean Style Spinach with... 3.2/5 (24 Votes)
- Crisp fried Apple and Smoked Tofu... 3.4/5 (30 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These fun Tropical Salmon Sushi Cups make the perfect warm-weather appetizer!
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp seasame oil
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lb salmon, diced
- Combine the rice vinegar and sugar.
- Stir though the cooked sushi rice, and with wet hands, shape into balls.
- Press the balls into ramekins lined with parchment paper, and press the rice up the sides of the ramekins into cup shapes.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the soy sauce, cilantro, sesame oil, chili paste and salt in a bowl.
- Combine the mango, avocado and salmon.
- Pour the soy mixture over the salmon mixture, and stir through until evenly coated.
- Remove the rice cups from the refrigerator, and peel off the parchment paper.
- Distribute the salmon mixture between the rice cups.
- Garnish, serve and enjoy!