Potato Salmon Croquettes
Nutrition per serving (2 per serving)
13g fat (2g saturated)
- 2 cups chilled leftover mashed potatoes
- 10 oz. drained canned salmon
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups bread crumbs or corn flake crumbs
- 1/4 cup oil or more as needed
Level of difficulty Difficult
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Combine potatoe, salmon, 1 egg, zest and parsley.
In a separate bowl, combine flour, seasoning and salt and pepper.i
In a third bowl, wish egg with 2 tbsp water.
With wet hands from potatoe mixture into 3 inch fingers or 1 inch thick patties.
Dip in flour, shake off excess.
Dip in egg wash, then roll in crumbs, pressing slightly to form a crust.
Coat bottom of large skillet with oil and heat.
Working in batches, fry croquettes until golden brown all around, 4-6 minutes total.
Drain on paper towel, serve immedietly.
Can substitute frying for baking.
You'll also love
- Savories- Polony & Cheese Samoosas 4.9/5 (164 Votes)
- Hungarian Zucchini Squash with... 4.6/5 (170 Votes)
- Yum burger 3.2/5 (215 Votes)
- Eggplant with sundried tomatoes 3.4/5 (180 Votes)
- Sole Medallion with foie gras 4.6/5 (77 Votes)
- Winter Warming Leek and Potato Soup 4/5 (89 Votes)
- Shrimp Cakes 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Egg Plant Squares 4.1/5 (39 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These fun Tropical Salmon Sushi Cups make the perfect warm-weather appetizer!
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp seasame oil
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lb salmon, diced
- Combine the rice vinegar and sugar.
- Stir though the cooked sushi rice, and with wet hands, shape into balls.
- Press the balls into ramekins lined with parchment paper, and press the rice up the sides of the ramekins into cup shapes.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the soy sauce, cilantro, sesame oil, chili paste and salt in a bowl.
- Combine the mango, avocado and salmon.
- Pour the soy mixture over the salmon mixture, and stir through until evenly coated.
- Remove the rice cups from the refrigerator, and peel off the parchment paper.
- Distribute the salmon mixture between the rice cups.
- Garnish, serve and enjoy!