How to make savory sundried tomato biscuits
By Stephanie Holmes, 05/20/2015
These palm-shaped puff pastry biscuits flavored with sundried tomato jam are a breeze to make and a guaranteed hit when hosting.
1/11 View slideshow
Makes about 15 savory biscuits
- 1 ready-rolled puff pastry sheet
- 4 1/2 tablespoons sundried tomato jam
- 1 egg yolk blended with 1 tablespoon milk
More steaming articles
How to make jelly donuts from scratch... How to make 5 different types of... One-Pan Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Duck Breast Pastry Pockets
Who will you make these elegant duck pastry pockets for?
- 1 whole duck breast
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 3-4 slices ham
- 3-4 tbsp raspberry jam
- 3- 4 slices Muenster cheese
- Fry the duck breast in a pan until medium rare (or your preference) and browned on the outside.
- Roll out a sheet of puff pastry, and layer the ham slices in the middle.
- Spread the raspberry jam over the ham slices, and follow with the Muenster cheese, and the duck breast.
- Moisten the sides of the pastry with water, then fold to enclose the duck.
- Brush the pastry with the egg yolk, then score lightly with a knife.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 464°F (until the cheese is melted and the pastry is golden brown)
- Serve, and enjoy!