Easy Cheeseburger Casserole
- 2 cups (6 oz) Penne Pasta
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1 onion
- finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- finely chopped
- 1 lb lean ground beef (95% lean) - or you can use ground turkey
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 28 oz diced tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 2 cups reduced fat grated cheddar cheese
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray. In a large pot of boiling water, cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain Well.
In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-low heat. Add the onions and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in the beef and cook until browned; season with salt and pepper. Add the diced tomatoes and mustard. Let the mixture bubble until it is slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Season with your salt and pepper.
Put your noodles in the greased pan and pour your meat sauce on top. Slightly mix together your noodles and sauce. Cover with foil and cook for 20 minutes. Take it out of the oven and remove your foil. Add your cheese on top and stick back in the oven until the cheese is melted. (5 to 10 minutes). Serve while it is warm.
You'll also love
- Recipewe ♡ Macaroni and Cheese 4/5 (173 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Sneaky Eggplant Sloppy Joes 4.2/5 (35 Votes)
- Quick and Easy Cowboy Casserole 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Quick Chicken Casserole 4.1/5 (19 Votes)
- Herbed Chicken and Tomatoes 2.9/5 (11 Votes)
- Stuffed cantaloni 2.9/5 (11 Votes)
- Chicken Spagetti Bake 2.8/5 (11 Votes)
- Easy Stuffed Manicotti 2.9/5 (7 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Do you put the pasta in without waiting for the water to boil? Add oil? Forget the salt?