Top 5 Back To School Recipes
Back to School!
It's that time of the year again! Summer vacation is over and it's time to start waking the kids up early again and shipping them off to school.
The back to school period may mean more math homework for your little ones, but for parents it implies an immense amount of organization and planning ahead when it comes to preparing healthy breakfasts, packing lunchboxes and whipping up weeknight dinners.
So to help you out, we've put together our top 5 back to school recipes, to make meal planning a breeze and give you more free time with your little ones.
Mac and Cheese with Chicken and Broccoli
This mac and cheese recipe is a jazzed up version which includes chicken and broccoli, making it a one-pot meal!
Jalapeno Popper Pizza
What could make kids happier than a jalapeno popper pizza? That's right, nothing.
Mexican Beef Quinoa
This recipe provides a Mexican twist on a healthy favorite. Quinoa is treated like chili, making for a hearty, Tex-Mex meal that's done in no time.
Vietnamese pork meatballs with mint
If you're looking for an exotic way to get your little ones excited for dinner time, then this recipe is a must.
Homemade cookies are the perfect treat to slip into a lunchbox. And no-bake homemade cookies are even better because they can be whipped up in a jiffy and will put a smile on the whole family's face.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Check out our delicious spin on the classic Brazilian cake, with Fererro Rochers and Kit-Kat!
For the batter:
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil
- 1 cup of of natural yogurt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
For the frosting:
- 2 cups chocolate chunks
- 3 cans of condensed milk
- 2 and 1/2 cups thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- In a pan, melt together the condensed milk, the chocolates in pieces and the butter. Slowly fold in the thickened cream. Mix, without stopping, until it is smooth and thick.
- Transfer to the refrigerator and allow to cool for 1 hour.
- In a bowl, mix together the eggs and sugar. Add the oil and mix again.
- In another bowl mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and the bicarbonate soda. Pour in the egg mixture, mix together, then add the yogurt.
Grease and sprinkle cocoa powder inside two springform pans. Divide the batter mixture between them, then bake at 360°F for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove the cakes from the oven, and allow to cool.
- Spread some of the frosting between the layers of the cake, and generously spread around the outside.
- Decorate the cake with Kit Kats, extra frosting and Fererro Rochers, in your style!
For more food buzz and delightful recipes, follow us on Facebook!