Mini Corn Dogs
These are amazing served straight out of the oven, but can be made ahead of time, stored in the refrigerator, and microwaved for 30 seconds or so when it's kickoff time. They taste just as good reheated.
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 - 10 hot dogs
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 12mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cut hot dogs into bite sizes.
Combine melted butter and sugar in a bowl, and whisk to combine. Add eggs and whisk to incorporate. Add the buttermilk and whisk again to incorporate.
In separate bowl, combine baking soda, cornmeal, flour, and salt, and stir to combine. Whisk into wet ingredients in two batches.
Spray a mini muffin tin with non-stick spray, and spoon 1 tablespoon of batter into each mini muffin cup. Place one hot dog bite into the middle of each cup.
Bake for 8-12 minutes or until cornbread is golden brown. Cool in mini muffin tin for 5 minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- Savories- Polony & Cheese Samoosas 4.9/5 (164 Votes)
- Chicken Casserole with Cream 4.7/5 (66 Votes)
- HOT DOG CHILI 4.7/5 (35 Votes)
- Baby Food: Apple and Oat Puree 4.6/5 (58 Votes)
- Grammy Morrill's Chex Mix 4.6/5 (67 Votes)
- Baked Mac & Cheese with Cornbread... 4.1/5 (69 Votes)
- Bacon wrapped Hot dogs 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Pineapple-Lime Cooler 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!