The best sour milk pancakes - 6 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Enjoy these super easy, cheesy, dumpling-style croque monsieurs!
- 4 slices of bread
- 4 slices of ham
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- Mozzarella cheese
- Egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- On a large piece of plastic wrap, press one slice of bread flat with a rolling pin.
- Add one slice of ham, cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese.
- Take the four corners of the bread, pull them in towards the center, pinch them together so that the bread maintains the shape.
- Envelope the bread in the plastic wrap. Gather and twist the ends on top to seal the sandwich dumpling.
- Repeat this step with the other slices of bread.
- Remove the bread balls from the fridge and roll each one in flour, then egg yolk, then breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve alone or with dipping sauces of your choice.
Top rated Sour milk pancakes recipes
Apple Ring Pancakes
Slice apples crosswise into 1/8" thick rings
- 2 medium apples, pared and cored
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup buttermilk or sour milk
20 ways to cook with blueberries that will blow your mind
From lemon cake to pork tenderloin, the addition of antioxidant-packed blueberries takes these dishes from EVERYDAY to rather EXTRAORDINARY!
Best Buttermilk Pancakes
Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar in a medium bowl and whisk or stir with a fork
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups buttermilk (or sour milk)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
12 beautiful pound cakes to brighten up your brunches
Proudly presenting a dozen pound cake recipes that will get you drooling and craving and rushing into the kitchen all at once!
Great use for sour milk; gives the pancakes another dimension of fluffiness
- 1 1/2 c milk or sour milk
- 4 T vinegar (skip if using milk that's already sour)
- 2 eggs
- 4 T melted butter
- 2 c flour
- 4 T sugar
- 2 t baking powder
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 t salt
Place ingredients in bowl and whisk until smooth
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 large egg
- 5 tablespoons buttermilk, dried
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Avocado cake and other delicious ways to bake veggies into desserts
From blueberry zucchini cake to sweet potato blondies, your baked goods are about to get a whole lot more exciting and heaps healthier too!
Walnut Apple Brandy Pancakes
Absolutely outstanding pancakes! Fluffy and light, yet crunchy and sweet!
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups flour
- 2 Tab ground flax seed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar or palm coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 3 medium apples, peeled and grated (can use hand grater or food processor)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 Tab Brandy
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- Coconut Oil
- Maple syrup, cream cheese, sour cream, extra walnuts
Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes
Melt in your Mouth Yummy Pancakes
- 4 Cups Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 4 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 4 Eggs
- 4 Cups Buttermilk