Walnut Apple Brandy Pancakes
Absolutely outstanding pancakes! Perfect for chilly Fall mornings when apples are ready to be harvested. Fluffy, light and yet crunchy, spicy and naturally sweet. Full of protein and fibre, easy to make and a real winner with all ages.
Absolutely outstanding pancakes! Fluffy and light, yet crunchy and sweet!
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups flour
- 2 Tab ground flax seed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar or palm coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 3 medium apples
- peeled and grated (can use hand grater or food processor)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 Tab Brandy
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- Coconut Oil
- Maple syrup
- cream cheese
- sour cream
- extra walnuts
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Mix dry ingredients, add wet ingredients, stir lightly. Drop in medium high pan with melted coconut oil. Cook both sides until brown (about 2 minutes total). Remove to hot oven until whole batch is done.
For topping, mix cream cheese, sour cream and maple syrup in bowl until well blended. May need to warm cream cheese to room temperature or use microwave. Top pancakes with cream and walnuts. Serve immediately.
Keep pancakes separate in oven, not piled on top of each other.
You'll also love
- Apple and Cranberries Glazed Pork... 3/5 (7 Votes)
- Provencal Tart 2.9/5 (79 Votes)
- Banana nut bread 3.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Rhubarb Streusal Muffins 2.8/5 (21 Votes)
- Apple Wheat Halwa 2.8/5 (21 Votes)
- Mom’s Best Apple Dump Cake 2.8/5 (18 Votes)
- Macaroni and creamed tomatoes 2.7/5 (47 Votes)
- Chocolate Truffles 2.5/5 (24 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
This French tarte tatin is golden, caramelized apple perfection!
- 1 puff pastry
- 6 apples, sliced
- 3 oz. chilled butter, chopped into chunks
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Roll out a puff pastry.
- Lay out the apple slices in a pan.
- Add chunks of butter on top of the apples.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar on top.
- Cook for 20 minutes in oven at 350°F, to caramelize the apples.
- Place puff pastry on top of the caramelized apples.
- Cook for 15 minutes at 350°F.