Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast
- 1 cup mashed fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 6 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 8 slices bread, cut in half diagonally
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 8 sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar for dusting
- 1 cup whipped cream
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat an oven to 100 degrees F ( 40 degrees C).
Heat mashed strawberries and 1/2 cup white sugar in a saucepan over medium heat.
Mix cornstarch and water together in a bowl, then stir into the strawberries.
Cook and stir until thickened, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low and simmer while preparing remaining ingredients, stirring occasionally.
Whisk together the milk and eggs in a bowl; set aside.
Mash cream cheese, vanilla extract, and 3/4 cup white sugar in a bowl until smooth.
Spread the cream cheese mixture over a triangle-shaped piece of bread, and top with another piece. Repeat with remaining bread and cream cheese mixture to make 8 triangle-shaped sandwiches
Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat
Dip the sandwiches into the egg mixture, 2 or 3 at a time, and place in the skillet.
Cook until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
Transfer pan-fried sandwiches to a baking sheet and place in the preheated oven to keep warm while cooking remaining sandwiches.To serve, top French toast with warm strawberry glaze and sliced fresh strawberries.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!