Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast
- 1 cup mashed fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 6 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 8 slices bread, cut in half diagonally
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 8 sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar for dusting
- 1 cup whipped cream
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat an oven to 100 degrees F ( 40 degrees C).
Heat mashed strawberries and 1/2 cup white sugar in a saucepan over medium heat.
Mix cornstarch and water together in a bowl, then stir into the strawberries.
Cook and stir until thickened, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low and simmer while preparing remaining ingredients, stirring occasionally.
Whisk together the milk and eggs in a bowl; set aside.
Mash cream cheese, vanilla extract, and 3/4 cup white sugar in a bowl until smooth.
Spread the cream cheese mixture over a triangle-shaped piece of bread, and top with another piece. Repeat with remaining bread and cream cheese mixture to make 8 triangle-shaped sandwiches
Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat
Dip the sandwiches into the egg mixture, 2 or 3 at a time, and place in the skillet.
Cook until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
Transfer pan-fried sandwiches to a baking sheet and place in the preheated oven to keep warm while cooking remaining sandwiches.To serve, top French toast with warm strawberry glaze and sliced fresh strawberries.
You'll also love
- Lemon Meringue Tartlets 4.8/5 (230 Votes)
- Overnight Breakfast casserole 2.8/5 (10 Votes)
- Strawberry Salad 2.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Italian Sausage Biscuit Casserole 2.7/5 (14 Votes)
- Berry Cake with White Chocolate 2.8/5 (8 Votes)
- OVERNIGHT CROISSANT FRENCH TOAST... 3/5 (20 Votes)
- Fluffy french toast 2.9/5 (9 Votes)
- Sweet Catalan 2.9/5 (8 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!