Rhubarb Streusal Muffins
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup chopped nuts
- ½ Tbsp. butter
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup melted shortening or butter
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 2 cups sifted all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ¼ cup diced rhubarb
Preheat oven to 350.
Combine first 4 ingredients (sugar, nuts, butter & cinnamon), set aside for topping.
In a separate bowl, combine next 4 ingredients: sugar, butter, egg & sour cream.
In another bowl, combine flour, soda & salt.
Add moist mixture to dry ingredients all at once. Stir just until dry ingredients are moist.
Fold in rhubarb. Spoon batter into well greased muffin tins.
Sprinkle topping over muffins.
Bake 25-30 minutes until firm.
Makes 12 large muffins
You'll also love
- Apple Wheat Halwa 2.8/5 (21 Votes)
- Italian Cottage Cheese Desserts 3.2/5 (56 Votes)
- Chocolatey PUMPKIN Flax Pancakes 2.9/5 (11 Votes)
- Mini Pecan Phyllo Tarts 2.9/5 (15 Votes)
- Tofu McMuffin 2.8/5 (20 Votes)
- Cinnamon Sticky Rolls 2.9/5 (16 Votes)
- Apple crumb pie 2.8/5 (53 Votes)
- vanilla muffins 3.1/5 (13 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Zebra Muffins are adorable and delicious!
- Olive Oil
- Baking Powder
- Separate egg whites from yolk
- Whisk egg whites then add sugar, then set aside
- Put egg yolks in another bowl and whisk with sugar
- Mix in olive oil and milk
- Add whipped egg whites and fold into mixture with a spatula
- Divide into two new bowls
- Pour cocoa powder into one bowl and vanilla extra into the other
- Put vanilla mixture into each well of muffin tin
- Add a smaller layer of the cocoa mixture.
- Keep layering then top with the smallest layer of vanilla
- Put in oven and bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees