The best sour cocktails - 2 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Check out our delicious spin on the classic Brazilian cake, with Fererro Rochers and Kit-Kat!
For the batter:
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil
- 1 cup of of natural yogurt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
For the frosting:
- 2 cups chocolate chunks
- 3 cans of condensed milk
- 2 and 1/2 cups thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- In a pan, melt together the condensed milk, the chocolates in pieces and the butter. Slowly fold in the thickened cream. Mix, without stopping, until it is smooth and thick.
- Transfer to the refrigerator and allow to cool for 1 hour.
- In a bowl, mix together the eggs and sugar. Add the oil and mix again.
- In another bowl mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and the bicarbonate soda. Pour in the egg mixture, mix together, then add the yogurt.
Grease and sprinkle cocoa powder inside two springform pans. Divide the batter mixture between them, then bake at 360°F for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove the cakes from the oven, and allow to cool.
- Spread some of the frosting between the layers of the cake, and generously spread around the outside.
- Decorate the cake with Kit Kats, extra frosting and Fererro Rochers, in your style!
For more food buzz and delightful recipes, follow us on Facebook!
Top rated Sour cocktails recipes
Abe’s Exoddus – SoulStorm Brew
Making the SoulStorm Brew: In a cocktail shaker, add the vodka, sour apple and apple juice
- 50ml / 1.7fl oz. Vodka (Optional)
- 70ml / 2.4fl oz. Sour Apple Liquor/Soda
- 40ml / 1.4fl oz. Apple Juice (Not Cloudy)
- Limonata or Cloudy Lemonade
Cheap & Easy: 20 meals to get you through the week
Experiencing a weeknight DINNER DILEMMA? Here's our selection of family-friendly recipes to take you from Monday through Friday in a flash.
By Tiffany Crecco
This was Jafar's fave cocktail in Aladdin, served with an orange wedge on the side
- Dark Rum
- Pineapple Juice