The Classy Way To Booze Up Hot Chocolate
This genius drink trend is sweeping across Pinterest! It's rich, velvety, and perfect for the colder days to come.
1/4 View slideshow
© Pixabay / TerriC
Baby It's Cold Outside
As the mercury drops, all we want to do is stay huddled under a blanket with a heart-warming beverage to keep us company. Oftentimes, we're faced with a difficult choice. What will it be: a classic hot chocolate or a warm alcoholic cocktail, such as mulled wine or an Irish coffee? This year, you don't have to choose. There's an even classier way to give your cocoa some Christmas spirit.
More steaming articles
Where Can You Find Glow-In-The-Dark... Would You Try ROSÉ Ice Cream? Now You... 14 amazing ways to make chocolate chip...
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Zebra Cake
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Comment on this article