10 Refreshing Summer Cocktails for Any Occasion
No season is better suited to cocktails than summer, even if the sun is hiding!
Not only these alcoholic beverages refreshing and light, with just one sip, you can be transported to somewhere far, far away. This year, cocktails with a slight tart tang are all the rage along with anything pink (thanks, Barbie!). So why not awaken those tastebuds and try our fave recipes for a glass of tangy goodness?
© Receitas sem Fronteiras / Silvia Santucci
One of the trendiest drinks this summer is definitely the Aperol Paloma, also known as "The Lazy Man's Margerita". This fruity cocktail sparkles with its bright orange color but isn't too sweet due to the bitterness of Aperol. It's not a Mexican cocktail, but it does work perfectly with Mexican food as the refined Aperol flavors combined with the tartness of the grapefuit juice makes it the ideal pairing when eating spicy food.
Ingredients (for 1 beverage):
- 1 1/2 oz. tequila
- 1 1/2 oz. ruby red grapefruit juice
- 1 oz. orange liqueur (Cointreau is best)
- 3/4 oz. Aperol
- 1/2 oz. lime juice
- Slice of lime
- Ice cubes
- Mix the tequila, grapefruit juice, orange liqueur, Aperol, and lime juice in a cocktail shaker.
- Fill halfway with ice, and shake until thoroughly chilled.
- Strain into an ice-filled rocks glass, garnish with a slice of lime and serve.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
This is the only thing you'll want to drink this summer.
2 tsp. of brown sugar
1/2 a lime
1/5 cup of Brazilian Cachaca