Classic Sugar Cookies
- 2 ¾ c of flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- ½ tsp of baking powder
- 1 c of butter
- 1 ½ c of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 8mins
Cost Average budget
Set oven to 350 F. In 1 bowl stir in the butter & sugar until smooth.
Beat the egg in with the vanilla extract in a little bowl; add this to the other bowl.
Roll the dough into little balls. Bake 8-10 minutes each (golden). Let them cool
You'll also love
- Willie's brownies 5/5 (1452 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Country Style Apple Pie 4.5/5 (1147 Votes)
- Spiced Apple and Marscapone Ravioli 4.4/5 (955 Votes)
- 3-Ingredient Coconut Balls 4.2/5 (339 Votes)
- Classic French Ratatouille with... 4.1/5 (238 Votes)
- Insanely delicious cookies from... 3.2/5 (233 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn 6 steps to chocolaty Oreo PARADISE 4.6/5 (90 Votes)
- Sugared Pecans 4.1/5 (9 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.