Buttery sweet popcorn treats! This was my favorite treat when I was a little girl.
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup blanched almonds
- 8 cups of popped popcorn
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup corn syrup (clear)
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Heat oven to 300
Spread pecans and almonds onto cookie sheet toasting slightly in the oven (about 5 minutes or so)
Mix nuts with popcorn in a very large buttered bowl
Combine sugar butter corn syrup and cream of tartar in small heavy saucepan
Cook on medium heat until mixture forms a hard ball when dropped into cold water (252 on candy thermometer) About 5 minutes
Remove from heat and stir in baking soda and vanilla
Pour liquid mixture over popcorn and nuts
Mix with 2 buttered forks until popcorn and nuts are evenly coated
Turn out onto a large buttered cookie sheet and quickly press down into an even layer with the back of a large buttered spoon
Cool until hard
Break up into chunks to serve
Chocolate would be a nice addition to it.
Makes a great gift!
You'll also love
- Garlic Olive Oil Pasta 4.1/5 (31 Votes)
- Eggless Safe To Eat Cookie Dough 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Magically Decadent Cookie Bars 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Merediths Blue Ribbon Pecans 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Caramel Corn with Chocolate Chips 4.1/5 (28 Votes)
- Buttercrunch Popcorn 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Chocolate/Nutella Covered pretzels 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- sweet treat roll ups 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!