Nanking Cherry Liquer
Homemade liqueur is a nice way to use up fruit that is abundant when in season.
- 1 cup sugar per quart of berries
- Gin or vodka
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Fill sterilized quart jar with cherries. Add up to 1 cup sugar per quart of berries; less for a tangier taste. Fill jar with gin or vodka 1/2" from top. Seal tightly.
Turn over every day for 28 days then drain berries and pour liquid into sterilized wine bottles.
Uncle Bud's original recipe!
You'll also love
- Homemade Limoncello 4.6/5 (48 Votes)
- Baileys Sauce 4/5 (77 Votes)
- Apple Falooda 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Orange- Peach Drank 4.7/5 (56 Votes)
- Watermelon Ball 3.9/5 (78 Votes)
- Christmas Treat: Cherry Snowballs 4.3/5 (29 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ White Russian 4.2/5 (33 Votes)
- Fruit Gazpacho with Jam and Fresh... 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!