- 1 stick/ 1/2 cup of Unsalted butter softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups of confectioners sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons of milk
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Beat butter until smooth....gradually add confectioners sugar until folded together...add vanilla extract mix...add 1 teaspoon of milk at a time depending on consistency you want...do not add more than 3 tablespoons though.
You'll also love
- Cream Cheese Frosting 4.8/5 (53 Votes)
- Cream Cheese Icing 4.3/5 (29 Votes)
- coke float 4.1/5 (9 Votes)
- Soft Oatmeal Cookies 4.1/5 (9 Votes)
- Cake Batter & Sprinkle Bark 4.1/5 (24 Votes)
- Onion-cheese cake 4.1/5 (17 Votes)
- Chocolate Brownies with Dates and... 3.9/5 (42 Votes)
- Apple Meringues 3.9/5 (27 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.